Wednesday 17 September 2008

LECTURE I.ARC 444

I found this lecture to touch on some interesting points. Seeing the world, or even a simple object from a new perspective is always interesting to me and this presentation really talked alot about how we should view things differently. 
The goals that the AIA 2030 wanted to achieve seemed excellent to me, though i'm not so sure that others would view it as a possibility to be carbon neutral by 2030. It seems like a somewhat radical goal. 
At one point the presenter mentioned that there were "no individual parts in nature, only systems." This quote goes along very well with an article that we read earlier this year entitled "systems generating systems" that talks all about how everything is a part of a bigger system, there is no individual object, only a part of a larger system. This is a very interesting concept to think about and i'm glad that i was given a somewhat new way to think about the world around me.

No comments: