Monday 8 September 2008

Leaf Project




My thought process throughout this project was fairly consistent. My leaf reminded me of a wave, or ripples in water and so i played off of that and sketched out some ideas. At first i attempted to create ripples out of a single sheet of paper but i realized that my the sketch that i drew actually looked like several layers. So i adjusted my project accordingly. I then had to think about color and scale. I also thought a lot about the life stages of a leaf and the layers of paper seem to portray that well.
I tried to incorporate my leaf as much as possible by having only one piece of color included in my project, so it drew the leaf to it and really seemed like a more purposeful place for my leaf to rest.
The issue with scale was one of my biggest. I changed the size of my project several times and in the end i stayed with a size not much larger than the leaf.

No comments: